Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Eau Claire smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full control of your Eau Claire home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Eau Claire do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can execute:
- Review real-time or recorded footage from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Eau Claire by programming schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Eau Claire
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Eau Claire smart home. Contact (715) 419-6703 to learn more.