Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Eau Claire
If you purchased your first home or you’re getting closer to the date of closing, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for you and yours. You’re probably pondering how you might personalize your property with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make certain you give thought to home security too. Keeping those you care about protected should always be a foremost priority, and we’ll show you how with these safety tips for new homeowners in Eau Claire.
Perform a safety review of your new Eau Claire property
Now that you’re considering safety, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To start, ensure you have working fire alarms. Test all of them and switch out batteries if needed. Are CO detectors present? Is there a water sensor downstairs? This is also a perfect time to upgrade door locks and investigate all locks on windows. Go through each room and get familiar with your new home.
Smart security tips for your Eau Claire home
Once you’ve done your opening check of locks and safety alarms, you can think about elevating your property’s safety. Begin with these security tips for your home in Eau Claire.
- Invest in a full-featured home security system. One of the smartest tools for new homeowners in Eau Claire is a home security system. Today’s wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your residence even when you’re away. You can view up-to-the-second video feeds, operate entry locks, and even speak with visitors on your front porch straight from your smartphone. You may custom-tailor your system with incredible security implements like surveillance cameras and monitored safety alarms.
- Update exterior lighting. Exterior lights with motion detectors are a smart way to deter prospective invaders. You may even integrate them with video cameras. The activating of a motion detector can tell your outdoor camera to record.
- Take care of your yard. Do you have an unobstructed view of your property from inside? Are there oversized bushes and trees blocking your view? Remove potential hiding spots for trespassers by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it also.
- Make friends with folks on your street. One more thing about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you know people close to you, they’ll be more inclined to let you know if they see suspicious activity. You might also get involved in your community’s social media presence if one is available.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install an advanced smart home, you can make it appear like you’re home by turning on smart light bulbs at predetermined times. This is a nice option when you’re not there.