What to do to cut down on false alarms in Eau Claire
False alarms may become an actual issue for a home security system. Not only are they costly and time-consuming, but they may erode the faith you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you may do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Eau Claire security system.
First, ensure that your devices connected properly. This process may appear to be a no-brainer, but it’s common that simple miscues result in false alarms. Secondly, check out likely sources of false alarms, like a back door that could be kept ajar by accident. And finally, you should try to incorporate the extra options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Eau Claire.
Could it be really that simple? Read on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Eau Claire are avoidable
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to review the owner’s instruction booklet. Be certain that all devices are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Executing a checkup via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each sensor to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to be certain that your alarms aren’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all integrated smart implements are incorporated in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Contact your Vivint specialist if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Eau Claire system. They'll gladly dispatch a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Investigate your windows and doors
In the event your configuration seems to be OK, the next course of action is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or do you find some accidentally ajar? If an access point is left unsecured, it may trip an activated sensor. If your household consistently forgets to close an entrance, you could implement a smart locking system that locks automatically when your home security is engaged. Sadly, windows require extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who likes to rest with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to turn off that alarm while still shielding the rest of the property.
Smart home automation tends to be a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Eau Claire
One of the most effective methods to minimize the probability of false alarms is to include automation into your security system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that happen due to mistakenly opening doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to disengage whenever your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm if you depart the driveway, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Get cell phone notifications when your devices detect abnormal activity or require a battery change.
- Connect your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Eau Claire with a Vivint smart home
Greater authority over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, contact (715) 419-6703 or send in the form on this page.