What should I do when my Eau Claire home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your property – and your family members – against the various risks you might encounter, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Eau Claire home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be startling, bewildering, and might incite panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these easy tips.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Eau Claire Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to assess the situation. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency on your own instead allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your priority should be your family members and leading them out of danger. In the case of a burglary, this might include proceeding to a designated safe zone as far from entrances as possible. The invader was likely already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra careful. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to leave your home without delay.
- Grab your phone. The vast majority of homeowners keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you might forget to pick it up during a crisis. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and receive alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Eau Claire goes off, your 24-hour monitoring experts will act immediately. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they abide by is based on the kind of emergency. For instance, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, one attempt will be made to contact you before assistance is deployed. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most frequent type of alarm - a monitoring professional will adhere to these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you via the touchscreen interface. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in an answer, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not able to interact with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Assistance will still be dispatched even if you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Eau Claire
Be prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Eau Claire from Vivint. Contact (715) 419-6703 to begin customizing your property’s protection today.